Sunday, February 4, 2007



I went dim sum with my family on sunday and had a strawberry milk shake with tapioca. The Strawberry milk with tapioca was alright. First off it was too cold to drink an cold milkshake becuase my hands were freezing. The milkshake had real strawberries and it taste bitter not too sour or sweet. The Tapicoa was sweet and chewy, and it tasted better with the strawberries. We ordered sticky fried rice, pork, chicken, chicken with rice in a wrap, and thick noodles with beef. The sticky rice was very chewy and had a mix of shrimps, scallion, and pork. The Chicken and rice in a wrap was good because the wrap is made out of plants and it keeps the food warm enough so you can still taste the flavor. i tasted the plant that was wrap aroudn the rice, this dish taste very similar to the sticky rice beccause it is also sticky. I porks was sweet becuase it had lots of suase on the bottom. Im not sure what is it but it made the food sweet. The beef also tasted sweet bu tthe thick noodles balanced it out making it just right. I'am not sure about the chinese 5 flavor putting into one dish because I didnt really notice the 5 flavor. But maybe becase the food is not really officially chinese.

(edit) as i bite down on the sticky fried rice with my two front teeth i notice how the rice grinds on my teeth and gums. The rice pushes my gums as it sequeeze into an spot. My tounge moves at the same paste when chewing the rice. I felt thepork shrimps and scallon rotate around as i chewed. The harder things were being chew on the side off my teeth inclucding my k-9 teeth. Harder things were shrimps, pork and rice. Then when i swallow my tounge pushes the food into my throat and i also feel something from my throat pushing it down as well. THe rice taste bitter it wasnt too sweet or sour. But i hated the taste that it left, i think it was scallon.

1 comment:

Juggleandhope said...

Sephoen,

Nice job. You've got the idea of the phenomenological down pretty well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five-spice_powder